Hiring Organization: Uber
Position Name: Client Platform Engineer
Employment Type: Full_Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: CA, USA
Go to Client Platform Engineer and start working at home.
- Uber’s Client Platform Engineering team works across the organization to enable client and product platforms by scaling hardware management with robust infrastructure. Our charter is to increase operational efficiency and security by effectively managing all connected hardware across Uber’s ecosystem.
- The ideal candidate will have a deep working knowledge of Chef – the configuration management tool used across many of our client operating systems to ensure consistent baselines and security policies.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
—- What the Candidate Will Do —-
- Be responsible for the maintenance, upgrades, and health of the end-to-end Chef infrastructure.
- Proselytize adoption of Infrastructure automation using terraform
- Maintain and build on existing CI/CD build and Release pipelines using combination of tools including Buildkite, Bamboo, Bitbucket & Phabricator
—- Basic Qualifications —-
- Experience in building and maintaining a Chef Automate infrastructure
- Experience building resilient build, test pipelines using Docker and Chef testing tools such as Delivery, Workflow, Test Kitchen, ChefSpec, InSpec, ServerSpec, RSpec and or ChefSpec
- Fluent in Ruby
—- What the Candidate Will Do —-
- Expert knowledge of AWS infrastructure used to support a highly available Chef infrastructure (S3, EC2, CF), alongside automation with tools such as Terraform.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $203,000 per year – $225,500 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $203,000 per year – $225,500 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber’s bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Full Job Description
Uber – Client Platform Engineer
Some rules which are followed in good companies by good employees. About what you should know so that you may easily adapt them, given below.
- Company always wants you to be on time and you should be.
- Take less leave from the office.
- Focus on your work and try to learn more.
- Speak from your work not for your mouth.
- Keep on trying to get new things from your seniors, regarding your profile.
- Raise your point but only then when you are 100% sure about your point.
- Never hurry because haste makes waste.
- For earning some extra points than others. Just play out of your comfort zone.
- Always respect your seniors.
- Learn from mistakes made by you and others and do not try to repeat them.
How to apply:
- All the eligible candidates can apply for This Job as mentioned below
- Read official notification carefully From the Official Website.
- Read Notification Carefully Before Apply.
- Fill The Application Form (Link Is Given Below)
- Attach Required Document and Passport Size Photo with Signature.
- Then Submit. Done.